Do you often buy songs or movies or end up encoding or ripping digital media files from your albums or folders? If you do, then chances are you have already build a library for yourself.
However, when this library becomes overcrowded, it can be difficult to actively manage this library. In such situations, plex hosting can come into assistance. Via plex servers, you can easily access your media library from compatible streaming devices, smartphones and personal computers.
What Does Plex Stand for?
Plex media server is an organization tool and digital media server that easily allows one to access any form of media stored in a registered PC. This can be accessed via any compatible mobile devices or other computers too.
This plex media server is easily installable on any MAC Linux, or Window device etc. it is also compatible with any â€˜network-attached storage (NAS) deviceâ€™ such as a seedbox etc.
Moving on, letâ€™s see how Plex offers?
What is Possible with Plex?
Plex can be useful for various purposes. Most of these are â€“
- Using plex media server and a compatible device, anyone can watch movies, view pictures, listen to music etc.
- Plex also allows family and friends to access your movies pictures, images and more.
- Use the internet to securely access media files stowed on your selected Plex Media Server.
Which Modern Computer Devices can run on Plex?
In most cases, the plex media server is compatible with all major operating systems around. However, certain other devices are also capable of running with plex. These are
- An NVIDIA SHIELD.
- Any computer running on LINUX, macOS, and Windows.
- Any compatible NAS device.
- A Netgear Nighthawk X10 router.
List of Devices and Computer that Can Access Plex
For accessing media on plex servers, you can use â€“
- Most modern smartphones like windows phone, iOS, Android etc.
- Any tables using Android, Windows and iOS.
- Video Game supports like Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 etc.
- Any noteworthy web browsers like Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome etc.
- Numerous television streaming software like Android TV, TiVo, Roku, Sonos, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV etc.
Steps to Set up Plex on a Computer
Before you can access the benefits of the plex media software, you need to learn the ways to install this plex hosting software. To do this, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Go to Plex.tv and select â€˜sign upâ€™.
- Select â€˜Continue With Facebookâ€™, â€˜Continue With Googleâ€™ or â€˜Continue with Emailâ€™.
- Now in this step, you might find a plex advertisement cropping up, so select X to clear this out.
Once youâ€™re done with this, youâ€™ve successfully signed up for the plex account and youâ€™re all set to download the Plex Media Server software.
Tips to download Plex Software:
- Go to â€˜app.plex.tv/desktop.â€™
- You will find a â€˜Download Plex Media Serverâ€™ option, click on that.
- Pick the operating system youâ€™re using.
- Select install and then launch to wrap it up.
Well, there you go! Now that youâ€™re aware of what plex is and how to set it up, get one for yourself! Now, store unlimited files and enjoy these at ease with plex hosting. Just ensure to select a good sever for yourself. You can also host plex via a seedbox server!