Evolution Of Programming Language
- Fortran(Assembler Based), a formula translation was
developed in 1957.
- Algol (Assembler Based), algorithm based was
developed in 1960.
- BCPL (Assembler Based), basic combine
programming language ,developed in 1963.
- CPL (Assembler Based),combineprogramming
language developed in 1967.
- B language(Interpreter Based) developed by
Martin Richie in 1970.
- C language(Compiler Based) developed by Denis
Richie in 1972.It is a procedural oriented programming.
- C++ (Compiler Based)developed by Bjarne
Stroustrup in 1980.It is a object oriented programming.
Java was developed by James Gosling in 1991.It was given the
name “OAK” which was later renamed to
JAVA in 1995 by Sun Microsystem.Java was later acquired by Oracle corporation
The Java Development Kit (JDK) is a software development
environment used for developing Java applications and applets. It includes the
Java Runtime Environment (JRE), an interpreter/loader (java), a compiler
(javac), an archiver (jar), a documentation generator (javadoc) and other tools
needed in Java development.
Java virtual machine (JVM) is a software implementation of a computer that
executes programs like a real machine. Java programs are compiled by the
Java compiler into bytecode. The Java virtual
machine interprets this bytecode and executes
the Java program.
We have two methods to compile and execute the code
- using notepad and command prompt(javac
filename.java(to compile), java filename (to execute))
- IDE’s(Intergrated Development Environment):-
- Dr java.
- Java is a platform independent language.
- Java is Global.
- Java is secure as code is encapsulated.
Program to print Hello World
/* This is a simple Java program.
FileName : "helloworld.java". */
// Your program begins with a call to main().
// Prints "Hello, World" to the terminal window.
public static void main(String args)
This example has been used to give you an overview of printing hello world in Java