There are lots of practical application of python programming language in variety of field such as Internet Of Things(IOT), web development, machine learning and list goes on. Some of the explanation is given below with their links.
1.Web and Internet Development-
It has libraries for internet protocols like HTML, XML, JSON, FTP, IMAP, email mail processing, and easy to use socket interface. Package index has more libraries-
- Feedparser: For parsing RSS/Atom feeds
- Requests: An HTTP client library
- BeautifulSoup: An HTML parser
- Paramiko: For implementing the SSH2 protocol
- Twisted Python: For asynchronous network programming
2.Programming in Desktop GUI
Most binary distribution of Python ship with Tk, a standard GUI library, it let you draft a user interface for an application.
some libraries for desktop GUI in python such as
3.Science and Numeric Applications
Python finds its place in the scientific community. we have-
- SciPy A collection of packages for mathematics, science, and engineering.
- NumPy lets us deal with complex numerical calculations
- Pandas A data-analysis and -modeling library
list of 5 most popular Python scientific libraries and tools below:
- Astropy http://www.astropy.org
- Biopython http://biopython.org
- Pandas http://pandas.pydata.org
- matplotlib https://github.com/matplotlib/maâ€¦
- NumPy http://www.numpy.org
4.Software Development Application
Software developers make use of python as a support language. They use it for build-control and management, and testing.
5.Python Applications in Education
Thanks to its simplicity, brevity, and large community, Python makes for a great introductory programming language. It has huge scope as it is a great language to teach in schools or even learn on your own.
6.Python Applications in Business
To develop ERP and e-commerce systems , most of the developers prefers python programming language.
It is one of the hottest Python applications. We have-
- Object databases such as Durus and ZODB
- Standard Database API
- Custom and ODBC interfaces to MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, and others. These are freely available for download.
It provide support for lower-level network programming.
- Twisted Python: A framework for asynchronous network programming
- An easy-to-use socket interface
9.Games and 3D Graphics
PyGame, PyKyra are two frameworks for game-development with Python. Apart from these, we also get a variety of 3D-rendering libraries.
If youâ€™re one of those game-developers, you can check out PyWeek, a semi-annual game programming contest.
It has lot of libraries implementing machine learning algorithms.
Some are given below
- PyBrain: Another Python Machine Learning Library.
- Pylearn2: A Machine Learning library based on Theano.
- scikit-learn: A Python module for machine learning built on top of SciPy.
- OpenCV: Open Source Computer Vision Library.
- SimpleCV: An open-source framework for building computer vision applications.
- NLTK: A leading platform for building Python programs to work with human language data.