Advantages of LINUX over WINDOWS OS
- One of the best advantages Linux offers is that it is an open-source operating system (OS).This means that its source code is available for anyone who needs or wants to see, edit, or modify it. This feature is especially useful to coders and developers who have the ability and need to modify or enhance the code.
- Open source is also more secure because everyone is looking at and checking others work. It is a world-wide project that anyone can access. Whereas, Windows is a closed system that consists of layers and layers of locked down source code.
- The obvious advantage to users is that Linux is free, whereas Windows is not. Even the related applications for the Linux OS cost $0.
- Linux users have complete control over software updates. They can install them whenever they need or want. Not only do the updates take less time than Windows, but there is also no need to reboot your computer.
- Linux takes far less time to reboot or load after being powered off than any version of Windows.
- Although no operating system is exempt from hacks, Linux makes it more difficult due to its inherent design. Any program or application in a Linux environment requires administrative authorization in the form of a password.
- One of the reasons Windows systems freeze is because you are using up too many resources. Linux systems are known to take better advantage of the hardware and use fewer resources such as disk space and RAM.
Ability to Customize
Linux allows you to customize any feature you want such as:
- Add or delete features
- Tweak how your system looks
- Install themes
- Choose the icons you prefer
- Change your file manager
- Customize your desktop environment
If you are concerned about your privacy, Linux is the best solution for you. Linux distributions don’t collect much if any, data. Linux doesn’t upload data or generate logs from your computer as Windows does.
I hope so it will help you.