Salesforce is the technology which can be learnt easily . Many platforms are there from where you can learn salesforce . There are three basic mediums to learn any new technology Blogs , Videos , Study Material
Learning any technology is not such a big task . But for salesforce you are lucky . For learning salesforce not only blogs , videos , study materials but a wonderful platform is also available. Here you have :-
- SF BLOGS
- YOU TUBE
In simple words , Trailhead is a fun way to learn salesforce. It is a journey not a destination . Trailhead is a platform provided by Salesforce itself. It is a platform which provides you trail , a path to learn according to your profile. It is a platform where you will get points and the points will help in increasing your rank for what you learn and level up your rank.
SIGN UP ON TRAILHEAD
You need a G-mail id to register on trailhead . Use your id and password to sign up and add profile picture and click next.
- Fill the details .
- For company name , Students can use their college name .
- For Role name , you may choose your desired role . The role of being a student is also available . The roles available here are the one , amongst whom you can choose as your salesforce job profile .
- You can be a salesforce administrator , salesforce developer , salesforce architect , analyst etc.
- After role, select your country and state
- For relationship to Salesforce , you can choose whatever you want.
- Hootie Hoo , Your id is set up and a welcome page comes .
WHO IS TRAILHEAD FOR?
The short answer is, well, everyone.
Trailhead content blends a variety of content types and approaches to cater to all types of learners, including
- Code samples
- Tables and charts
- Step-by-step instructions
Trailhead uses a set of guiding principles that include:
- Practical examples and scenarios
- Casual voice and tone
LEARN AT TRAILHEAD
When we talk about learning material over trailhead , it comprises of trailmix, trails , modules and units.
ATrailmix will give you the path to study. Each Trailmix is divide into trails from where you can learn in the desired path. You just need to follow the trailmix to get it on your home screen or under your trailmix section.
A trail is an ordered group of modules, projects, or both that provides a guided learning path to learning a new skill, product, or role.
A module covers a single learning topic.
Completing modules isn’t the only way to earn points and badges. You also earn a badge when you complete a project.
A project is a series of hands-on steps that lets you learn Salesforce skills by putting them into practice right away.
Search, Learn and Earn
FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR:-
There are hundreds of modules available on the trailhead. All you need to do is select your role and level and get a filtered list of modules and trails.
Trailhead is your portal for learning more about Salesforce credentials. There are currently two types of credential: superbadges and Salesforce certifications.
You earn a superbadge by working hands-on in a Trailhead Playground, like you would to earn a module or project.
You earn a certification by taking a proctored exam that tests your skills. Salesforce certifications are world-class credentials that demonstrate your abilities to work with Salesforce technology. If you’re already certified, Trailhead is where you earn certification maintenance badges, which ensure that you’re up to date on the newest Salesforce features.
RANKS ON TRAILHEAD
Trailhead is a fun way to learn to salesforce. But what’s fun in learning. At the trailhead you get badges and points for every module and project you learn. The points you earn on Trailhead are a testament to your knowledge of Salesforce, and the skills you’ve built by working through modules, projects, and superbadges.
The more points you get, the more badges you earn, and the more quickly you earn ranks.
Although it’s about the quality of knowledge not the number of badges on your profile that justifies you.
Trailblazer Ranks show off your Trailhead progress. These ranks aim to motivate you to go further down the trail, get hands-on, and to keep learning fun! Unlock new ranks for your profile by challenging yourself to earn more points and badges.
The highest rank you can achieve on Trailhead is Ranger which you can get on receiving 100 Badges and 50000 points .
Once you have created your account on trailhead.salesforce.com. You got a profile to show up your badges and points which you have learnt. Trailhead profile is itself your resume.
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE INFO:
Log into Trailhead, click on your avatar in the upper-right, and select Profile. Select the camera icon next to your avatar photo and upload a new photo. You may change your profile from public to private.
- “Public” means that other Trailblazers can see your certifications, community activity, badges, points, avatar, and about me information that you’ve selected.
- “Private” means your profile is completely private and a link to your profile would only show your name, avatar, and a “This profile is private” message.
Trailhead profile helps you in numerous ways
This is where you share your avatar and personal information
- As you earn new badges and gain points, you can work towards Trailhead ranks, with the ultimate goal of becoming a Ranger!
- Proudly share your Salesforce certifications and superbadges. The public can’t see your certification status (i.e. “Active” or “Maintenance Due”) or the details under “This information is only visible to you”
- Snapshot of Trailblazer Community connections
- Activity from Trailblazer Community is displayed
- Display your skillset with this donut chart. Are you an expert in CRM? A public speaking master
- Activity from AppExchange is displayed
- This is where you show off all the awesome badges you’ve earned
- Share some details about yourself so others can get to know you a little better.
YOU ALSO GET A CUSTOMIZED LINK TO YOUR TRAILBLAZER PROFILE: