In this short article I am going to tell you about why should we use Libre Office in our professional life.
Some Reasons are :-
- It’s open source. If you are familiar with open source and it’s advantages then there is no need of explanation(developer’s side 💻) but who don’t know, you have the access to source code of program you are using. ✌
- It’s free unlike MS-office where you had to buy license for use.
- It’s cross – platform means you can use it in Linux, Windows and macOS whereas MS-office is not available for Linux.
- You can directly upload your documents to google drive from here. This also supports SSH so you can share file easily between remote servers.
- According to some user they are not able to open older .doc file (including me) in latest MS-Word (using non stadard format OOXML – docx) which is a downside of MS-office whereas in Libre Office it supports many formats which is never going to change over decade.
- You can save your documents in the ISO approved Open Document Format (ODF).
If you find any bug while using you can report that to them also if you want a new feature in it then you can suggest it here.
These are some of the reasons why I like it most but for detailed comparison you can read Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office . Also, To download Libre Office – download.